Your Cart is currently empty.
1 med Cucumbers
1 large Apple
1 cup Seedless Green Grapes
1 cup Seedless Red Grapes
½ cup Fat-free Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Splenda (or Sugar)
1 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
1 Tbsp. Dill Pimento, diced
1) Cut cucumber in quarters length-wise. Remove most of the seeds. Use the #5 cone and Kitchen Kutter to slice and skin in one step. Cut the apple in the same way, cut into quarters, remove the seeds and cut with #5 cone.
2) Wash and drain grapes. Cut in half.
3) Mix the fat-free sour cream, sweetener and parsley together. Gently fold in the prepared fruits and cucumber and pimento. Top with a sprinkle of dill.
4) Serve on bed of lettuce.
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut up
1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut up
1 cup purple cabbage, cone # 4
1 carrot shredded, cone # 1
1/2 cup orange, yellow or red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 cups Napa cabbage, sliced thin
1 medium tomato, diced small
Toss together and serve in a large bowl and serve with ginger dressing.
2 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed
1 cup Granny Smith Apples (or other firm apple) do not peel apple
½ cup Celery, diced (#2 cone)
¼ cup Raisins (for softer raisins, soak in water for 10 minutes)
2 Tbsp. Green Onions, chopped (include green stem)
1/3 cup Mayonnaise, Fat Free1
1 Tbsp. Sour Cream, Fat Free
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
1/8 tsps. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Gorgonzola or Feta Cheese (optional)
Cook chicken in advance in your Gourmet Cooker.
1) Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
2) Prepare dressing in separate bowl, combining all except the cheese. Mix with a whisk or food processor to blend completely.
3) Add dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate. Serve on lettuce leaf or as a sandwich on bun or bread.
2 Cups Green Cabbage on #2 cone
2 Cups Red Cabbage on #2 cone
3 Carrots on #1 cone
1 Medium Onion on #2 cone
1/3 Cup chopped Cilantro
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
2 Teaspoon Whole Cumin Seed (toasted if possible)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1) Place a salad bowl under the Kitchen Kutter and shred the cabbage, carrots and onion. Add cilantro.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together.
3) Pour mixture over salad and toss well.
<p>Our Show Salad</p>
1 Carrot, cone #4
1 Zucchini, cone #5
1 Yellow Squash, cone #5
1 Cucumber, cone #5
1 Large Celery stalk, cone #2
1/4 Wedge Red & Green Cabbage (with core), cone #2
1/4 Wedge White Onion (with core), cone #2
1-2” slice Butternut Squash, cone #1
1) Place a salad bowl under the Kitchen Kutter and cut all vegetables using the cones indicated in recipe.
Mix all ingredients, add dressing of your choice and serve.
<p>This is a decorative side dish for your green salad.</p>
3-4 fresh beets, peeled cone #1
4 celery stalks-cone # 5 (reserve celery string strands)
Radishes- cone #5
1-2 red bell peppers, cut in thin rings
Any other red or green vegetables you want to use
1) Use trimmed and washed parsley (kale would work for a different effect), to create base for wreath.
2) Layer parsley on outer edges of plate,overlapping as necessary. Decorate parsley wreath with cherry tomatoes and radishes.
3) Form a ring of grated beets inside ring of parsley and put a medium sized green cabbage leaf in center.
4) Fill cabbage leaf with vegetables or dip of your choice. Place sliced bell pepper rings to form a "bow" at top of wreath.
5) Use grated jicama to create a "snow" effect. Cut celery sticks into thin strands, they will automatically curl. Use these sparsely on top of parsley for a lacy look.
Serve remaining ingredients in cabbage leaves or decorative bowls. Suggested use for wreath is for salad toppings.
This is an easy recipe your kids can make!
2 cups flour (or 1c. white + 1 c. whole wheat)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups low-fat milk (or soy milk)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg (or no egg and
2 Tbsp. oil)
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1) Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2) In a medium bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg and oil, mixing well.
3) Add wet ingredients to flour mixture; stirring until moist. Batter may be lumpy. (For a thinner batter you can add more milk.)
4) Pancakes can be cooked the greaseless method, however you may wish to apply a thin coat of cooking spray before cooking the first batch. (The greaseless method worked well however.)Preheat skillet over medium heat. Using a ¼cup measuring cup pour batter into skillet. Cook until bubbles break and edges are cooked.
This recipe also has an option to substitute ingredients to make a vegetarian meal.
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp. soy sauce
8 eggs (substitute 14 oz. medium tofu)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. chicken seasoning (substitute vegetarian chicken seasoning that can be found at any health food store)
1/8 tsp. turmeric
Dash of crushed red pepper
3/4 cup cheddar cheese (substitute soy cheese)
1) Sauté red bell pepper, mushrooms, 1 tsp. soy sauce, in electric skillet, covered, at 225 degrees for 5 minutes.
2) Add eggs (or tofu drained & crumbled), garlic powder, onion powder, chicken seasoning, 1 tsp. soy sauce, turmeric, & crushed red pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3) Stir in cheese (or soy cheese), cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
1 lb. ground beef *(12 oz. beef substitute, Lightlife & Yves are good)
1 can (15 1/4oz.) corn, drained
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce (no salt)
1 can (6 oz.) olives, sliced
1 cup picante sauce1 tbs. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cumin16 oz. low-fat cottage cheese *(16 oz. soft tofu, mashed)
2 eggs, slightly beaten *(eliminate)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan *(1/3 cup soy parmesan)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
12 small tortillas, (fajita size)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
*(1/3 cup soy cheddar)
1) If using beef, brown in electric skillet and drain off fat. Add corn, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup picante sauce, olives, chili powder and cumin. If using meat substitute simply add it to pan followed by corn, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup picante sauce, olives, chili powder and cumin. (No need to brown and drain fat).
2) Simmer, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
3) In a bowl combine cottage cheese or mashed tofu, eggs, (if using), Parmesan, oregano, and garlic powder.
4) Remove meat mixture from skillet. Place 1/2 cup picante sauce on bottom of skillet. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Top with meat mixture. Spread cottage cheese or tofu mixture on next. Arrange another layer of tortillas, repeat layers 3 times. End with meat mixture. Top with cheese. Cook in electric skillet 25-30 minutes, 300 degrees with lid on and vapor valve closed.